Tuesday, March 23, 2010

We are home but doesn't feel homey just yet

WOW!

After 3+ weeks of "vacation" time in China, I was so ready to come home. Sleep on my own bed, shower in my own bathroom and using my own towels, eat food prepared by me and ...... you get the idea. Yes, I miss all those simple things and yet, I wish I can be on vacation more often.

On our flight back, Emily slept 50% of the time and the DVD entertained my kids with 3+ movies to keep my sanity from going out the window. However, emperor Nathan fought it until the last 1 1/2 hour of the flight, then we had to wake him up and he was not a happy camper.
My little emperor became a US citizen as soon as his feet (or the wheels of the stroller) touched US soil in San Francisco. Despite the only 1 1/2 hour of sleep he had, he was all smiles waiving his American flag to my camera. "No pictures ma'am'" Sorry!

Once in the car, he did not like the seat belt (and because of lack of sleep) cried all the way home. Poor guy, he was so tired! Once home, the grown ups wanted to sleep but not the kids. So, after just half an hour home, I showered and headed to Costco for some much needed fresh food and essentials. The greeter at the store told me I had 20 minutes before they close which at the beginning it didn't register to me. After grabbing the staples of eggs, milk, bread, fruit and rotisserie chicken and corn for that night's dinner, sat on the car again, I glanced at the clock and ding!, my light bulb went on and realized that 4 days ago was daylight savings time! Duh!

We all slept till 10, 11 the next morning and had to wake Nathan up around noon! Men, we were so tired!
It has been 4 days since we came back and things just starting to fall in place. We are still sleeping in late, getting up after 8 am and going to bed around 9pm. Each day, I push it 15 minutes earlier until we can all come up with a more normal time and daily routine.

Since I didn't post while in Hong Kong, I will include a post now and then about our adventures thru that amazing city. We visited many places and just wanted to share with you while is still fresh in my mind.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Isn't it true that no matter where you roam there is "no place like home!" Nathan looks precious sound asleep in his bed. I pray that it won't be long before you guys are back in the groove and are able to figure out just what your new normal looks like.