Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter service and candie galore



We went to Church for the first time after returning from China. There was no Sunday school class so we took the kids with us to church service. I prepared myself with plenty of snacks, coloring books, and small toys to entertain the kiddos so we can listen enjoyed the Easter service. I can say that they both did great. Nathan was very curious about the singing, the greeting and passing of the offertory baskets. He sat still on Dada's lap coloring, snaking breakfast cereal and just went 2 times to potty! That's an accomplishment for 1 hour and 10 minutes that the service lasted. Next week, we plan to bring him to our Sunday school class a few times before he can join his sister and her class without us been there.

Returning home, we prepared brunch just for the 4 of us. Later on, we met grandma and hunted for eggs and open up what my sisters had sent to the kids (more candie, of course!). This year, I did not put out any of my Easter decorations, just because of our China trip. I figure next year will be better and Nathan will enjoy more when he understands more English and the story of Jesus resurrection.

We have been home for over 2 weeks now. Many doctor appointments, lab test (it was not fun), the ophthalmologist (it was very painful to watch and I'll write more about it on another post). Vaccinations will be next week and the dermatologist to treat the scalp on his head. He is doing a lot better than I thought. The guy is though and very strong. He is learning each day, very curious about EVERYTHING he sees, repeats after you and very brave at trying new foods. Finally drinking some milk and still doesn't like any cheese. He is my healthy eater, will devour any fruit you put in front of him, eggs, and cherry tomatoes. No, no watermelon yet! Will have to wait till summer. I tried to give him something new then reward him with something he really likes if he tries the new food. He loves to make me happy so he tries very hard. Not much whining these days and more acceptance of all of us. He is definitely happy right now and we are blessed to have him in our family.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

So sweet that Nathan is trying to make you happy by trying new foods. He could come teach my Darcy a lesson about tasting new things!
Sorry to hear about a not fun visit to an opthalmologist, I can relate...