Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Breakfast for champions

At every hotel we have been staying at, we are fed the breakfast of an emperor. Emily discovered the donuts at the breakfast buffet and I gave in and let her have one, for 4 days straight. And that is after she has consumed scramble eggs, bacon, tater totes or hash brown and fresh fruit. Not my kind of breakfast food but what the heck, she won't be having it back home! I, on the other hand, indulge on Chinese style breakfast that consist on congee with preserved eggs, pickles and fried dough, or a bowl of all freshly made noodles with dumplings, choice of pork or chicken, some vegetables and end up with fresh fruit. Ken likes his pastries, cold cuts, fresh OJ and fruit and cereal. Emperor Nathan will eat watermelon, grapes, an apple and watermelon (yes, again!) with apple juice. He is not a morning person and breakfast its not his thing. After we are all very well fed, we start our day with appointments here or there, or go shopping at Shaiman Island.

In the afternoon, we rode a bus to the US consulate where we took the Oath Ceremony. Paper-wise, it was just a necessary formality and the end of this long journey. Many families are starting the journey back home by tomorrow late afternoon. On Friday morning, we take the train to Hong Kong and vacation for 5 more days. Hong Kong is a city I always wanted to visit. My friend Ada lives there and we are staying at her tiny little studio/apartment. I can't wait to be in Kong Kong.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Ah, the breakfast buffet... I miss it already!
Five days in Hong Kong? I hope you have a wonderful time. One of these days I want to see more than the airport there!