Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tidbits about Nathan

Bullets points because it's late and I want to go to bed.


· The boy loves watermelon, grapes and apples. He can eat watermelon for breakfast, lunch and dinner. So far, he has done it for 5 days straight in Taiyuan. Unless his sister who has been eating a donut for breakfast for 5 days straight. I'll better find some watermelon at home. I don't think he can wait until summer to eat some.

· Because of so much watermelon, the boy can pee 5 times in an hour. In China kids can pee anywhere…..next to a tree, on the streets, etc. He has only 2 more weeks to do so because in my book, that's not going to happen when we return to the US.

· He doesn't like mommy's mamarazzi camera and learned to put his hands or a toy on his face when I flashed my camera in front of him. I had to use a few tricks under my sleeves to tease him and smile for me.

· The boy loves his dadda. He is very clingy to him. I am the disciplinary one so after reprimanding him, he does not like me. That last for about 5 minutes, thank goodness.

· He loves, loves to watch TV. He can watch a 2-hour movie. However, he does not sit still, keeps moving, rotating, jumping, laying down, changing positions, etc. but he watches the movie till the end.

· My boy it's not a morning person. He is cranky in the morning and has a bad attitude. At night, it's a different story. After dinner and bath time, he usually watches a movie, he sings with Kai-Lan, repeats what Dora says and dances with Happy Feet. Yes, he comes alive at night and it has been a battle to put him to bed.

· He discovered the stroller and has been living the life of an emperor. Carry him up and down stairs without getting off the stroller. He sits on it all-the-time. I can only bribe him for a short period of time!

· He shares snacks and food with his sister. He is very good at it. He also likes to give kisses to mommy and dadda, as long as he is not mad at any of us.

· He has a mischievous smile and his eyes light up when he sees a snack or watermelon.

. He loves toys that makes noise. So far he has gotten some trucks, a helicopter and a new cell phone. They all make a lot of noise! Yes, they are coming back with us to the US. However, I have to be smarter than him and take the batteries out before our 14 hour flight. I'm sure the passengers will appreciate it and I will not have anyone staring at me with evil eyes.

. The boy can sleep and snore and sleep all-night-long.


That's it for now. I'll add more when I can.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Quick question about the morning thing. Is the grumpiness every day, or just days that you have to wake him up?